school administration and supervision
- The Master of Science Degree in School Administration and Supervision offers veteran educators a degree program to obtain Pennsylvania certification as a K-12 principal.
- The 39-credit hour graduate degree requires students to have five years of documented teaching experience. However, students can enroll in the same courses required for the Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction, thereby allowing them to work toward a degree while completing the required five years of teaching.
- Students can transfer to the School Administration and Supervision degree program from the Curriculum and Instruction degree or add the needed K-12 principal courses to become certified.
- The program is designed with the school administrator in mind; therefore, most courses address current issues, techniques, and information for school principals.
- The School Administration and Supervision Master’s degree provides excellent training and experiences in current methods, trends and strategies to enable the candidate to become an effective school leader and administrator.
- The program offers resources, professional contacts and tools that will enable a pre-service school administrator to become successful and effective in leading a school building or district.
- Candidates will explore current philosophies, assessment, reporting, community collaboration, creative practices and proactive leadership trends that can develop a strong community and student rapport and support.
Click HERE for more information and to view the curriculum.
Click here for School Administration and Supervision Handbook.
Exit Criteria specific to the Pennsylvania K-12 School Principal certification with a Master of Science In School Administration and Supervision
Students will be eligible for K-12 school principal certification upon completion of their degree, passed comprehensive exam, satisfactory final competency evaluation and portfolio review. Students are also required to have completed and documented three or more years of professional teaching experience and have passed the Praxis test for K-12 School Principal.