- The Master of Science Degree in Science Education focuses on the ideas that encompass scientific concepts and intertwines them with the latest instructional strategies.
- The program is designed for the general practicing science teacher, science-orientated educator or related professional with a science or non-science background.
- Interested elementary, middle and high school teachers are encouraged to consider this field for advanced study or to become more marketable in school education.
- The science education master’s degree incorporates concepts of STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) into the curriculum to assist educators in meeting the new curricular trends in education at all levels.
- Extensive background in science is not required, but having introductory science course work in the main areas of science is strongly recommended.
- The program provides students with a broad understanding of science education, general science-content areas, advanced curriculum and instruction methodology and history of American science education.
- Resources that encourage the use of inquiry-based and content-deepening science activities in both formal and informal classroom settings to foster an understanding of legal and ethical issues in science education that face today’s children are offered.
- The program will place emphasis on developing science education leaders who will be resources to their schools, school districts, and other work sites in developing and implementing science curricula to meet the new Pennsylvania academic standards.
Click HERE for more information and to view the curriculum.