- Prepares candidates for a career as a professional counselor in the school setting.
- Candidates will receive instruction in school policies and clinical counseling for children and young adults.
- The 39-credit program is contemporary in design in that it addresses current trends and theory and includes extensive competency-based fieldwork, PK-12, that prepares candidates for the 21st century.
- The program is designed to provide excellent training and experiences in current methods, trends and strategies to become effective school counselors.
- Candidates will be offered resources, professional contacts and tools that enable a pre-service counselor to be successful and effective in guiding youth to reach academic, social and professional goals.
- Candidates will be exposed to current philosophies, assessment reporting, community collaboration, creative practices and proactive counselor trends that help develop student achievement and a strong school leadership team.
- Candidates graduating from this program will be prepared to take the Praxis II: Professional School Counselor exam.
Click here for Counselor Education Handbook.